Welcome to the new BPSA-US web site!
This web site will serve as the single point of information about B-PSA here in the US. The goal of this web site is,
- to provide access to information about our policies, program and activities
- promote B-PSA as a traditional scouting association
- help new comers find a local group and/or register a new group or for the lone scout program
- provide an online community for discussions in our forum, for both non-BPSA scouters and active members
- provide the most up-to-date calendar of events for members
- provide HQ with a way to make announcements
- and, with regular monthly columns, provide useful training and other resources for our members
To get started, be sure and register on the site (see the “Register” link on the right hand sidebar). B-PSA US members who are active (meaning you have paid your annual registration fees) will have access to our “Resources” page and member-only areas on the forums. All the other information on the site is open to the public and others who might be interested in traditional scouting here in the US.
Our “Photos” section is there so we can provide some pictures and albums of our association’s groups and scouts – so if you have pictures from a recent campout, meeting or other activity and would like to share them with the membership, please email them in with a short description and we’ll get them up. We’ll try to automate this a bit more in the future.
The site should be fairly straight forward, so take a look around and be sure and register and leave some comments. We hope you enjoy the new site and we look forward to providing lots of useful information, resources and lively discussion moving ahead!
We also will have a monthly column from one of our newest GSM’s, Tony Place, or as he’s referred to elsewhere “Dr. Knott!” Tony is a member of the International Guild of Knot Tyers, and will be providing monthly content on knots, lashings and pioneering in general.
If you or someone you know would like to contribute a monthly column or resource on a particular subject of interest to scouts in our association, please contact us and let us know!
Chief Commissioner, B-PSA US
Thanks: I’d like to extend a thank you to Ric Raynor, George Stecher, Tony Place and Dan’l Adams for providing some much needed reviewing and editing suggestions on the site as we put it together; and content contribution. A Scout’s duty is to be useful; and you guys sure have been.