BPSA is looking for volunteer applicants for the following position!
UPDATE: The application deadline for this position has been pushed back to Dec. 31, 2013.
What are we looking for in our volunteer staff?
Consider this position if you…
- believe in our mission to bring traditional scouting to the US within the context of a coed, inclusive environment,
- have time and enthusiasm for our cause and program,
- are willing to work hard to help BPSA succeed as a youth program, and
- are 18 or over and are currently registered as BPSA member or eligible to register upon acceptance of the position.
If you meet the above criteria, read on; you could be a great fit for this needed role within our organization.
Regional Commissioner - Midwest (1 position)
BPSA membership and chartered groups are growing each year. To help provide a point of contact for members, Group Scoutmasters and others involved or interested in the BPSA program, we have put in place volunteer Commissioners at the “regional” level. Currently, we’ve divided up the country into 5 primary regions – Northeast, Midwest, South, Southwest, and West (see below).
Commissioners serve as Liasons and also representatives of their respective regions with HQ. Regional Commissioners are also considered voting members within their region. The primary responsibilities of Regional Commissioners are as follows:
- Provide a first point of contact for members and non-members in their region about BPSA and our program
- Help new and existing groups in their region maintain and build a good program
- Coordinate, organize and work with other BPSA members in the region to provide training camps and activities
- Enable effective communication with members, groups in the region regarding program and policy
- Provide news and updates to BPSA HQ on regional activities, training and other events
- Work with local groups and members to ensure BPSA and our program receive attention via news and other media sources
- Network within the region to help find sponsors and supporters for the BPSA
- Attend any quarterly HQ conf calls or meetings and provide input and ideas
Regional Commissioners are also able to delegate work to other BPSA members, groups or ad-hoc committees as needed for meeting any of the above goals. If funding for a particular activity, event, or undertaking is required, the Regional Commissioner should bring it to the attention of the Treasurer and also before HQ at a regular meeting for approval.
Volunteer applications should be sent via email to email@example.com. The “subject” line should mention the position being applied for, and the following information should be provided in the email:
Full Name: (First M. Last)
Social Security #: We do require a background check for all positions.
Contact Info: Phone number, alternate email
Address: Postal Address
BPSA Scout Group (if any): If you’re registered with a group or as a Lone Scout, let us know.
Resume/CV (attachment): If you have a resume or CV that provides background related to your position or that you might think is relevant, attach it.
Why you want to take on this position? Give us a summary of why you want this position; what intrigues you about it, what ideas you bring to the role and why/how you think taking on this role would be a benefit for BPSA and its program.
Remember, we need your application sent in to us by no later than October 31, 2013!
We look forward to hearing from you as we begin this process of staffing out HQ and working to make our organization and program more complete and successful!
Yours in Traditional Scouting,
BPSA HQ Staff and Committee